CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Red 80, Red 80!

This post is dedicated to Travis. In fact, he begged me to write about this. So here's the story. Last Sunday, he was upstairs putting Campbell to bed and I was watching the ProBowl. I know that makes me sound like quite a cool chick. Truth is, it was 15 minutes before the Grammy's started and so I was just killing time. Anyway, I am watching this play when the AFC team is on offense. The AFC team is in red. Their quarterback, Matt Schaub, gets down and yells "Red 80, Red 80!" just before the ball is hiked. Then he drops back (did I say that right?) and throws a beautiful pass to the guy wearing #80 (in red of course) and they score! I'm like...you've got to be kidding me. He called out the number of the guy he was going to throw it to? Shoot, I'd like to play defense against Matt Schaub. He went to UVA, my school's rival, so I figured he just wasn't that bright. ;)

Travis comes downstairs and I tell him what happened. I'm thinking, maybe because it's a ProBowl, they haven't really practiced much with their teammates or maybe they don't have a lot of fancy plays. But man, that seems pretty dumb to yell out the play for all to hear! Travis died - I mean he died. He thought that was the cutest statement I'd ever made. Can someone please back me up here?? I mean, he said Red 80!! And he threw it to Red 80! Was my observation really that airheaded? Apparently he yells Red 80 before every play, which I saw in the next series (just before I switched it over to the Grammy's). I thought I was just making a good observation. Travis thought it was the biggest "girl" football comment ever. He said he couldn't wait to wake up and go to work on Monday morning so he could tell his coworkers all about it. Well there you go honey, here is your funny story, forever to be remembered now that it rests on our family blog. :)

1 comments:

Clare said...

hilarious!! it totally made sense to me when you were describing it!!