CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Holy Water and Lake Water

Two Saturdays ago, we went to Greensboro for the baptism of Evan Westall. Evan is the newest addition to the family for our friends, Bob and Melissa. Bob is one of Travis' best friends from college. It's hard to believe that their firstborn, Peyton, has grown into an adorable 17-month old and is a BIG SISTER! We went to meet Evan soon after he was born and of course in that short time, he's already grown and changed so much! Melissa is a fabulous hostess and as always, had a gigantic spread of food for all of us to enjoy. We also got to spend time with Rodney and his daughter Hannah who just blew me away this visit with how much she's grown up. She looks more like a pretty 'tween than a little girl these days! She's super sweet and such a little lady. Rodney is the very proud godfather to little Evan. So proud in fact, that I caught some grief from him for my delay in this post. So, my apologies to the new godfather. :) We really loved spending the day with good friends and celebrating such a special time with the Westalls (and Rodney). :) :) :)


The Holy Water
Godparents Rodney and Jill on the left, Melissa, Evan and Bob on the right!
Rodney (aka The Godfather) with Campbell


On to the lake water...
This morning I needed a change of pace, so I took Campbell back to my new favorite spot, Jetton Park.

Forbes Magazine just rated Huntersville, NC as the number two place in the country to move to!!!! OK Forbes, I disagree. Check out these pictures, and tell me how we didn't get number one??? This park is about 7 minutes from our house. I feel like it's bragging to show this - I mean, how lucky are we to live this close to the lake? But don't get too jealous, it's not like we have a boat or anything cool like that. :) I got a great workout - was able to walk about 3 miles on the shaded trails with lots of hills. Then we stopped at the "beach" and hung out. There was a fantastic breeze coming off the water and Campbell snoozed in her stroller for a bit.
Then I put her on a towel to play and she was giddy. I think she thought we were back in the Outer Banks! Not quite, but it was a really fun morning and a great change of scenery for us. I was quite happy that she didn't feel the need to go off the towel and get all sandy - that's my girl, I don't like to get dirty either! I'm really pleased with how our photo shoot turned out as well. A lot of these pictures are similar, but I couldn't pick so I just posted them all. Enjoy!
Favorite. Picture. Ever.

Our morning ended with drinks on the beach. :)

1 comments:

Annie said...

that hat is presh