CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Early Birds

Busy weekend at our house! The alarm went off before 5 a.m. on Saturday morning. Travis got up to get prepared for his fifth and final triathlon of this season. I got up soon after because I couldn't sleep - I guess it was nerves and excitement for him. Campbell and I didn't get to go this time. We signed her up for swim school at the aquatic center and Saturday morning was the first day. Travis insisted we go and that he would be fine crossing the finish line without his cheering section. I wasn't crazy about him competing alone...or about me going to swim school alone...but both turned out just fine!


Travis did great as always. I think this was his fastest time of all five he's done this summer. All he can talk about is how he wants to work on his running before next year, so I guess this year was just the beginning!?! I admire his discipline and motivation. He is swimming in all of his clothes because he's lost so much weight! The sport becomes expensive when you have to buy all the training gear...and then a new wardrobe! ;) I'm so proud of him.

I'm also so proud of Campbell. Travis and I will both be at swim school this coming Saturday so we can get some good pictures. Let me tell you - this baby is a trip! She was the star of the class! The youngest swimmer, by far. But also the most animated! The other kids ranged from probably about 13 months to 2 1/2 years old. We all got in the water with our babies, and that's when Campbell's splashing began. And it never stopped. She was so excited and having such a blast splashing with all her might, both arms waving around, smiling, soaking her face and anyone within a ten foot radius! It really is a sight to see the littlest baby in the class going wild like that. The instructor asked if she could use Campbell to demonstrate. Of course Campbell obliged, and then became the example for every new skill. The entire class was laughing at my girl's genuine giddiness. She was so stinking cute! We sang songs, splashed, kicked, splashed, held onto kickboards, and splashed some more! I was so impressed at Campbell's willingness to grab onto the kickboard and get lower in the water. I'm excited for the weeks to come and cannot WAIT for Travis to see her in action.

Sunday morning...5:30 a.m. ...the alarm went off again. I don't know why we punish ourselves... We headed back to the triathlon to just watch the second day of competition for fun. We had a friend participating in her first triathlon and ran into another friend doing his first as well! It was really neat to see them accomplish such a huge physical (and mental!) feat. Later that day, we walked down to the neighborhood park and introduced Campbell to the swing. Big shocker here - she loved it!! She giggled the whole time. We'll be frequenting the playground from here on out.

We had to get up early AGAIN today for a doctor's appointment on the other side of town. Not that we usually sleep in, but it's been rough getting out the door so much earlier than usual. I'm ready to slide back into our normal morning routine! Here are a few pictures from our weekend fun! Getting ready for Swim School

1 comments:

Clare said...

very cute sara!! you guys are busy people:)