CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 8, 2009

ANOTHER snake...seriously???

I don't know what I've done to deserve this, but we have had not one, but TWO, snakes at our house in the last month. I found them both. What luck! My absolute biggest fear in life, no wait, my biggest PHOBIA, and I stumble upon them. This fear is debillitating! (I used that word yesterday and Travis was really impressed. My only issue with using it here is I'm not sure how to spell it. hahaha) The only redeeming thing is that they were both dead. But I really don't care, I still find it nasty. I found one on our front sidewalk, right where I walk to get into Travis' car. The other I found yesterday afternoon out back on the steps leading to our garage. I was headed out with the baby and the dog to grab the jogging stroller out of the garage and go for a walk, and there it was. Thank goodness my brave husband remedies these horrible situations. I would not be able to do snake removal. But seriously, why me??? It makes me sick to my stomach and upset. The one yesterday? Headless! Oh my gosh, even more gross! I am so worried that maybe Lexi had something to do with that! SICK!!!!!!!

Let me just set the scene here. We have less than 0.2 acres. In our neighborhood, the houses are VERY close together with tiny yards. I can wrap my hands around the biggest tree we have. We back up to a paved alley that is lined with all the detached garages. My point is this - we do not live on a lot that backs up to woods, has a lot a natural areas, etc. We live in a house on a tiny lot with a very manicured yard. And it's apparently snake-infested! Of all things!!!!!!!

I have calmed down a bit - if you can believe that this is calm...and I'm happy to be getting the heck outta dodge and heading to Roanoke for the weekend! My sister and her family are coming down too. I'm really excited to spend Mother's Day with mom, my grandma, my sister, my niece!!! (And of course my dad and brother-in law and husband too...I was just focusing on the moms). I cannot WAIT for them to see how much Campbell has grown and how fun she is these days. If this snake thing continues, I told my mom that we are moving into the basement. I'm sure there are no snakes in Virginia, right?

0 comments: