CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Things I Never Wanted to Learn About Diapers

I've never wanted to be that mom whose conversations were reduced to discussions about dirty diapers. Sure, I'll mention a diaper here or there, but there's a lot more interesting things about parenting than changing diapers. Well, I have to break my own rule and take a moment to vent. At night, Campbell wears these special overnight diapers that are $30 a case. $30!! So in my mind, these things should be like Fort Knox, right? The past two mornings, Campbell has woken up in a sea of gel-like crystals. What in the world, you might be saying? Most people don't know that diapers are actually filled with these tiny gel balls that are what makes them super absorbent. I unfortunately know this because I've had the pleasure of vacuuming them off the floor, emptying them out of the crib, washing the crib sheets, and bathing my child first thing in the morning to get them off of her body!

What the heck? For $30 a case, I expected to live in ignorance and never have to understand how a diaper works, or rather DOESN'T work! I think the solution might be to buy a larger diaper even though she's still on the low end of the weight range. We'll see how that goes...

I have much more important things to think about than diapers though. Campbell turns one on Friday! This day last year, I was at home on modified bedrest after having been in the hospital the night before for high blood pressure. The bedrest didn't change anything, and so I was admitted to the hospital on the 10th, and Campbell was born on the 11th! I'm definitely strolling down memory lane this week and reflecting often on what I was experiencing this time last year. Anticipation, fear, excitement...and being uncomfortable and REALLY large!! ;) Preparations are in full gear for this weekend's big birthday bash on Saturday. SO EXCITED to celebrate the fantastic year we've had with our little monkey.

These pictures were taken one week before Campbell was born. WOW.



1 comments:

Clare said...

I know I am going to start getting big here soon too, scary!!! I love the pictures though, you look amazing and like a mama!! Happy birthday to campbell, i hope it is great!