CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

What the heck, North Carolina??

Seriously, 27 degrees? Really? Is this for real?

There are a lot of reasons I live in the South. One very important reason is the weather. I am way too weak to endure cold weather. To me, "cold" is anything south of 55 degrees. I realize I don't live in the deep South, and yes, it gets a lot colder than 55 in Charlotte. But really, I'm just a wimp and not equipped to handle it. For one, I hate all things bundle-y. You name it - coats, hats, scarves, gloves - hate 'em all. Sure I think they look cute, but as functional pieces of my wardrobe - can't stand 'em. Unless you're going outside for a long period of time, I just don't see the point. You put on all these bulky, itchy layers for a brief run to the car. Then you can't drive because you can't bend your arms, nor can you turn your head to see out the back. You pump the heat in the car and then you sweat. Same thing when you reach your destination. You then have all these layers to strip out of and carry around and the whole process just makes me hot. And if you think I hate being cold, you really don't want to be around me when I get too hot! (Ask Travis, I was pretty much boiling for the 9 months I was carrying Campbell, and I was miserable to be around). How do you people up North handle this all winter long? I'd be cranky all the time too! HAHA That was totally a joke, we'll see if my Northern friends read the blog... So anyway, enough of my ranting. Let me just conclude by saying that I'm not particularly enjoying the cold snap we're having this week with temperatures barely making it into the mid 30's at the warmest part of the day! Travis was outside all day today at the Panthers game, so something tells me he's not enjoying this weather either!
Campbell is finally feeling better and getting somewhat back to her old self. At the very end of her regimen of antibiotics, she broke out all over one side of her face. BRIGHT red. Turns out she's allergic to amoxicillin. Sometimes the reactions don't come until you're well into the dosage. We'll just add that to the growing list of things our baby girl is allergic to! She is much less of a leech this week. :) (I know, kangaroo/koala/velcro was a much nicer mental picture - sorry). We're still having some issues with her insisting on me doing stuff for her instead of Travis, but she is making progress and we'll accept her baby steps for now. We hadn't been to our church in almost a month due to her cold, her birthday party weekend, and traveling for the holidays. I was very nervous to drop her off because I thought I'd have to peel myself away from a kicking and screaming baby. Something I would NOT excel at!! But she did just great. We got her one of those little snack traps that she can carry around her cheerios in. She thinks she's hit the jackpot with it, and apparently it kept her quite entertained this morning while I was in church! Thank heaven for snack traps! :)

Well, it's now 2010. 2010 - wow!! Travis and I rung in the New Year quietly at home and watched the Tech bowl game. Truthfully, I watched the first 3 quarters and then watched the backs of my eyelids. New Year's Eve just isn't what it used to be! haha But you know what? In all honesty, what could be better than having a nice relaxing evening at home with my family? We visited with some friends earlier in the evening, watched a little football, lit a fire, changed into comfy clothes, and chilled while our little angel slept her way soundly into the new year up in her bed. It was perfect. 2009 was a phenomenal year at our house. We got to watch our baby grow into a little person who is babbling, walking, and exploring the world before her. 2010 is sure to be another great year and I'm looking forward to just living one day at a time and soaking up all this year has to offer us. Happy New Year!

This Hokie cheerleading outfit was a Christmas gift from her Hokie grandparents.
The best cheerleaders stick out their tongues for pictures, right? And yes, those are legwarmers...omg.

0 comments: