CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Think Pink!

It's a girl!!!!!

I apologize for not sharing the news sooner. But then again, it doesn't matter because I haven't sent out the link to this blog to our friends and family yet! I am such a slacker. I will do it today. And if anyone is really bored, they can go back and catch up.

Anyway, here is the story of the night we found out we were expecting our Baby Girl. It was Wednesday, July 16. Our reservations were for 7:30 at Ruth's Chris. We were leaving the next morning for Rhode Island. Our appointment was at 8:30 a.m. The ultrasound technician checked everything else first. We found that she has a healthy heart, kidneys, bone formations, etc. so that was wonderful news. Then she shook my belly like a bowl full of jelly trying to get the Baby in the right position to determine the sex. She had us turn away, made a few clicks on the computer, and said she knew.

So we went ALL day in agony. :) Travis had the envelope where she wrote down the Baby's gender. I called him every hour at work to make sure he hadn't peaked and for us to talk about how we could concentrate on absolutely nothing. Finally by 5pm, we'd had it. I got ready and headed to uptown to meet Travis. We figured we could hit the bar at Ruth's Chris, have a glass of wine and a glass of lemonade, and maybe open it before dinner. Well, that didn't work. The bar was SUPER crowded and loud and it wasn't the romantic setting we'd hoped for. So somehow, we sat at that bar for an hour and a half, ate some chips, and stared at the envelope on the bar before us.

Promptly at 7:30 we got seated in a perfect spot - a very quiet table in kind of a dark corner. As soon as we were alone, we ripped into the envelope and saw those three words..."It's a Girl!!" She had also included an ultrasound pic which apparently proved it was a girl, although Travis and I saw nothing. (I guess that's the point hahahaha) We laughed and giggled, Travis began picturing the terror of raising a teenage girl, and we laughed some more. I was worried he'd be disappointed that it wasn't a boy just because he's always said how he'd like several boys like his own family. He assured me up one side and down the other, there is no disappointment. He's just as thrilled as I am and can't wait to have his little girl. He even said to me, I hope you won't get upset when she likes me more, because that's going to happen you know. OK Daddy, whatever!

Plans are shaping up to get the nursery ready - so we sure hope the ultrasound technician was certain!!!

0 comments: