CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Adventures in Virginia

This week is my tour of Virginia! I wanted to go see Mom and Dad's new house in Roanoke, see Grandma's new place in Roanoke, then head to Northern Virginia for some quality time with Taylor (and Jen and Leif!). Roanoke was great. Had some good R&R time with Mom and Dad. The new house looks awesome and their water pressure rocks. :) Seriously, a shower is a like a massage.

I've been with the Hansen family since Monday. The main point of my visit was for Taylor to really get to know Aunt Sara. I see her so infrequentlly, she really has no idea who I am which breaks my heart! Well...mission accomplished! I am "Ah Sah" which is Taylor-talk for Aunt Sara. She calls me from the other room, tells me to come sit with her. We play babies, which is this weird ritual of laying all the babies face down on the ground. Then I have to cover each baby with a blankie. We then say "ssshhh, baby sleeping" and we watch the dolls on the floor. This game is all Taylor...I'm just there to play. We've been having a blast. The time with my sister is nice too. :) It's not often that we have a few days just to ourselves to do nothing but hang out and chat. I WISH THEY LIVED IN NORTH CAROLINA!!!

You have no idea how cool it is for me to be with a little girl knowing I've got one on the way. When we play dolls, or get her dressed in cute little pink skirts, I just MELT. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Baby Girl J turned 20 weeks old today which is officially halfway through!! This week she is the length of a banana, and well over half a pound. The biggest thing for me right now is feeling her kick. I want to feel it all the time, and I even complain that she doesn't kick me more! It's so subtle right now, just a little flutter here and there. I am craving those rib-crushing kicks other mommies talk about. I guess that's just one more confirmation that all is well. But for now, I'll just cherish the little flutters that my Baby Girl gives me just to say hi to her Mommy!

A few pictures with Taylor this morning...




0 comments: