CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Chance of Showers

Travis and I have the bathtime routine down to a science. After we eat dinner and get the kitchen mostly cleaned up, we head upstairs with Campbell. We each have our own tasks - divide and conquer! He takes her clothes off, gets rid of the diaper, cleans up whatever may need cleaning up. Meanwhile, I go take off my jewelry, grab a clean washcloth and towel, set up the pillows we kneel on by the tub, and run the bath. By the time I do all my little jobs, Travis and Campbell are coming around the corner. This is one of my favorite sights. She is completely naked and very smiley and giggly because she knows she's headed for the bathtub. They usually stop at the bathroom mirror and "look at the baby!"

It's a very cute routine, but also a very dangerous one. Once that diaper comes off, there's always a chance of showers! Tonight, Travis got her undressed and I was in my closet taking my rings off. I hear him calling me...SARA...I need you...NOW. I go in there and find Campbell laying on her changing table in the buff and kind of wet all over. Travis is standing there with a completely wet t-shirt and a trail running down his shorts and to the floor. HA! We knew one of these days she'd feel the urge to go en route to the bathtub, and tonight it finally happened! I laughed so hard I almost peed on myself! I high-fived Campbell and kept her occupied while Daddy went to put on some dry clothes. It was pretty funny!

0 comments: