CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Memory Lane

I'm into reminiscing a lot lately...so here is another stroll down memory lane.

Five years ago today, it was a typical Wednesday. Like today, a BEAUTIFUL summer day that had me wanting out of my cubicle...bad. Once I got home from work to my uptown apartment, I was antsy and looking for an excuse to get out of the house. My roommate called - did I want to join them for a happy hour about 15 minutes away? Nope - I didn't want to drive anywhere! That was the beauty of living in uptown, I could walk anywhere I wanted to go! It didn't take much to convince her to come home and we'd go out for a drink in uptown. She brought with her one of her male coworkers. In a short time, I managed to round up a few other girls. We went to Cedar Street Tavern in the bottom of my building. It was 5 girls and the one guy. Apparently he stepped out and called his roommate. "Dude, I'm at a bar and there are five girls here. I'm the only guy. Don't tell anyone, just come." The roommate wasn't too interested...he was already settled on the couch watching Dazed and Confused and not too keen on driving into uptown for a drink. He finally gave in and after a few minutes he walked into Cedar Street Tavern to join us.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the roommate was Travis. He walked in and my jaw dropped - WHO is that???? Needless to say, I liked what I saw! One of my girlfriends knew him and I'll never forget the introduction that preceded Travis. "That's Travis. He's divorced." I thought (and I think I even said it outloud) - sweet, so you're saying there's a chance! So, wearing his scarlet letter "D", Travis came and sat down at our table. If you know me, you know I am far from shy. And if you know Travis, you know that he's not one to talk much when you first meet him. So, I talked to him for HOURS. I cornered him in a booth and told him my life story. The more we talked (ok, the more I talked and he listened), I really felt like we were clicking and I just really enjoyed hanging out with him. The night continued, other guys came, and then finally all the guys left except for Travis. He stayed with a group of about 6 girls and went to a second bar for more drinks. The night ended with him walking us all back to our apartment complex. I boldly asked him to call me and gave him my number. He obviously did!! And here we are, five years later, living happily ever after.

Thanks for humoring me and letting me relive my fairy tale today!

1 comments:

Clare said...

what a sweet story sara!! i love it!