CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lefty the Four-Toothed Giant

I guess this title needs a little explaining. As I mentioned the other day, my best friend Kim just had a baby. Last Friday, we went to meet Baby Carson at the hospital. Then yesterday, we went to pay him a quick visit at his house. Carson was not a little baby - he was 8 lbs, 7 oz at birth!! But let me tell you, when I saw him...he looked TINY! And so in turn, Campbell looked GIANT!! Carson is absolutely adorable and healthy and seems to be enjoying his first week in the outside world. Kim and I have done everything together since we were three years old. So it is especially special (can you say that, especially special?) to share motherhood with her. I know our families are going to have a ton of fun together in the years to come. And I hope Carson grows fast - because Campbell looks like a teenager next to him!!!! I got to hold him in the hospital and it was honestly shocking to me how tiny he felt in my arms. Campbell was even smaller at birth, but my perspective has changed so much now that I'm used to a seven month old baby. And a big one, at that! I loved snuggling the little guy. When we left the hospital, Travis said...uh oh, I saw it in your eyes when you were holding him........ :) But for now, I'm very happy with my little giant.


The lefty part is something I just discovered the other day. We have been giving Campbell some puffs to try her luck at finger foods. At first, she didn't get the concept at all of picking the food up off of her highchair tray. Then I started moving her hand for her and trying to coach her on how to pick them up. Without thinking, I just grabbed her right arm. She was far from happy with me. She wasn't making much progress, got increasingly frustrated with me and refused to do it on her own. When I finally gave up, she reached up on her tray with her left hand, picked up a puff, and successfully got it to her mouth! Then she repeated this numerous times. Over a span of a few days, she has only reached for food with her left hand. We've got a long way to go on this self-feeding business. It takes a lot of coordination to pick up a tiny morsel of food and know the exact right instant to release it into your mouth! But she has grasped the concept now and just needs to perfect her technique...left-handed!!! Lexi is learning that under the highchair is a good place to hang out. I don't know if all this means that Campbell will definitely be left-handed, but I wouldn't be surprised. Her Daddy is a lefty too!

Finally, the four-toothed part is pretty self-explanatory. I mentioned that I saw a third one pop in. Well later that day, I saw something glistening on the bottom row. Sure enough, it was another new tooth! So now she has four and fifth one about to come in. Once she masters puffs, I'm thinking she'll be ready to tear into some corn on the cob! She has been a true champ when it comes to teething. We had no idea these new teeth were coming in until we saw them!
Since Lefty the Four-Toothed Giant sounds like the bad guy in a fairy tale...here are a few pictures of Campbell so you can see that she's really not scary at all! In fact, she's pretty cute if I do say so myself!

She can't do this on her own yet. But I often prop her up there and sit behind her so she's totally supporting herself by leaning on her toy. She LOVES standing up.

There goes that left hand again! ;) Happy girl playing with all her toys.

We are loving the new playroom!!

1 comments:

nicolefiehler said...

so funny because tucker is the same way with his left hand...and brad is a lefty as well! tucker and campbell have so much in common :)