CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One Small Step for Campbell...

...one giant leap for mankind!!

Yesterday, October 13, 2009, Campbell took her first steps!

On October 3, Campbell took one step. Travis and I both witnessed it. She let go of the furniture she was holding onto, balanced, and stepped forward with one foot. Then she fell, so we didn't count that. To "walk", we think it has to at least be one foot after the other. Since then, she has done one step one numerous occasions.

Yesterday, she and I were playing in the playroom. She took THREE steps to me! I screamed and cheered and kissed and hugged and giggled. She was SO proud of herself. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke, so I had her doing it over and over again.

Campbell is not "walking." But she is certainly taking steps. She can balance well enough to stand on her own and clap. She got behind her little push toy yesterday and was walking all over the room behind it. She couldn't do that, like...days ago! I'm telling you, she is growing up SO FAST!!!!! I've now got the video camera glued to my hand trying to capture it on film. I got a short video on my phone that shows one step and a clap. The problem is that she sees the camera and doesn't want to perform, she wants to eat the camera. :)

If there is something you want to happen, but you don't think it will, just let me know and I'll blog about it. Then it will happen! First I said that she'd never crawl. In days, she was crawling. Then in my 10 month post I said that she was far from walking, even though she'd taken one step. Later that day - she takes several steps, again and again. So apparently my blog has secret powers to make the unexpected happen!! We are super excited that she is getting more mobile. Campbell, you are simply amazing!

0 comments: