CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Holy Spit

After our big outing to church yesterday, Campbell was still pretty alert for most of the day and evening! Our friend Mary came to visit last night after work, and Campbell was awake the entire time! She cuddled with Mary for a while and even spit up on her. Nice, I'm sure Mary appreciated that. Then once Mary left, Campbell was STILL awake. Travis and I were so pumped. She was up from about 5-9 p.m. which we assumed meant we had a long restful night ahead of us. WRONG! Remember what I said yesterday about things changing once you figure them out? So true! Campbell had a very restless night, which meant I was up and down all night. I try to handle the middle of the night stuff so Travis can be somewhat rested for work. After all, someone has to bring home the bacon!! After hours of tossing and turning, walking, swaying, replacing the darn paci that will NOT stay in that cute little mouth...I was exhausted and feeding Campbell around 5 a.m. I sat her up to burp her and she spit up on my pj pants. OK, no big deal, has happened many times before. She ate some more, and I put her up on my shoulder to burp and take a breather. She nestled her little face into my neck and I thought, oh how sweet, she's cuddling. Nope, she was just looking for a creative new way to shower me with spit up. She spit up into my neck and right down my shirt. Soaked! OK, so at this point my entire right side is warm and wet. So I switch her to my left shoulder to assess the damage. You guessed it! She then spit up over my shoulder and down my back, soaking the back of me as well as the blanket over the back of our chair. At this point, I had to change. So I had to wake Daddy up to take a shift while I found some dry clothes and searched for some patience as well. Travis sensed my frustration and was sweet enough to take Campbell downstairs to rest for a couple of hours so I could sleep. I slept HARD. He had to wake me up to tell me he was leaving for work, and he had Campbell sleeping soundly next to me in her pack-n-play. WHEW! What a night...and Campbell is exhausted and sleeping as I type. Go figure...

1 comments:

The Klauders said...

Nice title for today's blog - Sara! And you know - I have always been able to bring out the "best" in the little ones! Gotta love spit up!!!!