CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Soul Food

After a long cold weekend, I came down with a severe case of cabin fever. Severe! Campbell and I planned to go watch her Daddy play in his CPA basketball league yesterday (yes, it exists, don't even ask). But it was too cold and it coincided with her lunchtime, so we stayed home and the cabin fever got worse. By last night, Travis knew he had to come to my rescue. The three of us went to Sushi at the Lake. I hadn't had sushi since before I was pregnant. They say fish is brain food. I think that the sushi worked more on my soul than my brain. I really needed a night out with my husband and a change of scenery. Campbell slept through our dinner where I thoroughly enjoyed some sushi and a nice glass of red wine. Another treat I'd been missing dearly! Not to mention having a date night with Travis - it was really nice. It's amazing how a plate of raw fish can change your attitude. OK, the tempura ice cream didn't hurt either. I had to keep all this in mind when I was waging war with the paci for hours last night. That darn thing will NOT stay in Campbell's mouth, yet she insists on having it some nights. Campbell and I took a nap in her rocking chair for several hours in the middle of the night. Then Campbell slept in her bouncy seat IN the pack-n-play. Hey, whatever works!

Campbell had another doctor's visit today for her one-month check-up. Yes, she's almost 6 weeks old, but they are catching up on visits. I swear I think they just want to squeeze in all their co-pays. But that's fine, I welcome the opportunity to hear that she's fine and we really like our pediatrician. He is super nice, actually listens and doesn't rush me when I have questions. I think it's rare to find a doctor that doesn't seem to be in a hurry. She also has a little minor eye infection we're treating and some bumps on her face I wanted him to look at. The doctor gave her a perfect report and the eye and the face bumps are just fine. Get this - 10 lbs 12 oz!! She is in the 90th percentile for weight!! My girl likes to eat!!

1 comments:

The Klauders said...

yeah for a date night! and whenever you are ready for a date night without the little one, call me! i am available most all the time these days! you can time it while she is sleeping and that way, hopefully, i won't have to change a stinky diaper - hahaha!