CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Travis the Trooper

My husband is a real trooper. I should clarify, not a trooper like the rest of his family who is all in law enforcement (yes, his brother is Sergeant Justice, HOW AWESOME is that??). He is a trooper because yesterday morning he sat through a two-hour breastfeeding class...and he was the only male in the room!! Now, the instructor told us that in all her years of teaching, she has NEVER had only one dad. They even tell you when you sign up to bring your labor coach. But we waited and waited and no men showed up. I of course kept telling Travis how lucky I felt that my husband loved me more than all the other poor pregnant girls who had to go alone. I know, so mean of me, and so not true. But it was really nice to have his support there and it honestly did make me feel like the luckiest girl in the room. Travis has a way of making me feel that way quite often. Aaaawwww, ok, enough of that. We both are realizing that this baby stuff can get REALLY overwhelming. Wow - everywhere we turn there is information overload. So I think it's best that we both try to soak it in so that when one of us is too tired to remember what to do, the other might have an idea.

I am finally starting to feel better. After the stomach flu, I then got a cold. I have been that annoying "half-sick" all week. Not so sick you want to stay in bed, but too sick to really accomplish anything. So it was a long and boring week with a lot of time spent snuggled on the couch with the animals watching TLC Daytime and watching my stomach get more enormous.

I saw a neighbor outside the other day and she said, "wow, honey, there is no way you are going to make it six more weeks." And it hit me - six weeks!!!! She is right, that's all that's left! I keep reading the online updates as to what is going on with Baby J these days. Her progress is pretty much the same as mine now - just gaining weight! Of course her lungs will be the last thing to fully develop, but I have been relieved to read that even if she was born at this stage, she would likely be fine with just a little medical intervention. Hopefully my doctor's appointment will go well this week and we'll still have the green light to head to Roanoke for Thanksgiving/Baby Shower next week.

One last terribly random comment. I mean, really random. So TBS is showing The Wizard of Oz a lot lately. I absolutely adore that movie, and I was bragging to Travis about how many times I've seen it. So we're watching the first 15 minutes or so the other night, and I don't remember a bit of it. This is the scene before the tornado, and Dorothy is all upset because the mean lady wants to take Toto. There are several family friends helping out at the farm. And then it hits me...oh my gosh...those men are the lion, the tinman, and the scarecrow when she gets to Oz! And the mean lady is the Wicked Witch of the West! As I have this revelation outloud, Travis is rolling. He can't believe I just concluded this for the first time, and he finds it completely hilarious. I really cannot tell you how many times I've seen this movie. I guess that's why it's so fun to be me. Travis thinks it is sooooo funny. Whatever - that is a complicated storyline, people!!!! ;)

1 comments:

Clare said...

you and travis are too cute!! i am glad that you are finally feeling better! love, C