CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Update

The weekend was fantastic. On Friday, my mom, sister, brother-in law and niece arrived. We hung out all day, played a little Wii, and ate dinner at the house. (My poor dad had to work this weekend and couldn't make the trip). Taylor and Jen had been fighting off a stomach bug, but by Saturday morning we all made the call that they were both well enough to go to the shower. Travis' family came over, my friend Shannon came down from Raleigh, and we headed to the shower! The shower was....what's another word for fantastic? Fabulous? Perfect? It really was. Kim and Melanie did such an incredible job. It was so fun to spend the afternoon with my friends and family and get to open sweet little baby gifts and ooh and aah. There was a delicious spread of all my FAVORITE party foods. I had two big plates - one for me but the other was of course for Baby J. :) As we left, we all got these adorable little containers of M&M's in our colors, pink and brown, that said "Baby J is on the way." I mean, come on, does it get any cuter than that??? Our friends and family spoiled us rotten. We got so much good baby gear and I feel like we are so much more ready now!! We've got the needed baby supplies and the cute outfits to go with it. I won't say we're READY yet...Baby J needs to hang out for a while longer and get big and strong. But Mommy and Daddy will for sure be organized and ready when the big day arrives!! The shower was all I'd hoped for and more - so thank you times a million to Kim and Melanie for giving me such a special day.

While the girls were at the shower, the boys went to a sports bar to watch some college football. Lexi decided to have her own party back at the house. She somehow snatched the desserts I'd made - and ate an ENTIRE batch of brownies and an ENTIRE batch of chocolate chip cookies. So there was a little drama there. I'm happy to say she is fine, just very full and a little stinky.

Saturday night Travis and Leif assembled the baby swing while I played with all the little clothes and toys. So much fun!!!!! We all went to bed...and then the real drama began.

My mom and I woke up Sunday morning with the full-blown version of whatever stomach bug Taylor and Jen had been kind enough to share. :) Yesterday was a very bad day for both of us. My mom somehow made the car trip back to Virginia - I don't know how. I threw up for 6 straight hours. Finally my doctor called in an anti-nausea medicine that they give to chemo patients. It was my saving grace. I have been drinking lots of pedialyte and ginger ale, and successfully had a little chicken noodle soup and applesauce. I wouldn't say I'm healed yet, but on the road to recovery. Travis is the only one who is still well...fingers crossed he stays that way. Lexi threw up last night and my brother-in-law was apparently ill this morning. Thank goodness for my sweet husband yesterday to take care of me and wait on me hand and foot. The stomach flu is never fun - but it's especially brutal when you're close to 8 months pregnant!

I didn't take but maybe two pictures at the shower because I was busy showing off the belly. But I saw a lot of camera flashes, so I'll get some pictures loaded up soon. Our house looks like a tornado went through since we all got sick, but soon there will be nursery pics to share as well. The sickness has been miserable, absolutely miserable...but I am so thankful that we all got to enjoy my wonderful shower before getting sick. I can't imagine how sad I would've been if I, or someone else in the fam, had to miss the shower because we were sick. Off to try some more soup...fingers crossed! If all goes well, I may even attempt to take a shower today. :)

1 comments:

Clare said...

oh, i am so sorry that you got the stomach bug!! it is always the worst! I am so happy that the shower was great, and lots of good gifts! Take pictures of your favorite clothes and post them...i love little girls clothes:) XO, C