CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snowy Surprise

This morning Travis got up at 5:30 to go the gym. I was getting back into bed at 5:30 after feeding Campbell. (Sidenote - Campbell is able to go 7-8 hours between her feedings at night! We are so proud of her!! Granted, it still takes a good hour or so to put her down because we're on Paci Patrol, but we are still making great progress to getting a full night's sleep.) Anyway, back to this morning's story. Travis gets ready and leaves and I am drifting to sleep. He returns a couple of minutes later and says, "You are not going to believe what happened outside." I immediately said, "Oh my God, your car got broken into!!!!" It is funny to me that my first thought was that his car got broken into! We do not live in a rough neighborhood. Imagine my relief when Travis reported that his car was fine, just frozen shut because we had a few inches of snow on the ground!!! SNOW?? It wasn't even in the forecast! At least I don't think it was, I kind of live in a bubble these days. Case in point, my sister was horrified to see me gobbling down peanut butter over the weekend. Apparently there was some recall?? :) Oops! So we got a few inches of surprise snow. I love one or two little snows a year. In North Carolina, that's usually all we get, and it typically comes this time of year. It's supposed to be in the 60's this weekend which is good. Unfortunately, Campbell and I didn't leave the house yesterday. I had a few errands we were going to run today and was looking forward to getting out. The "real feel" is only 10 degrees right now, and there is some snow on secondary roads. So we will hibernate yet again today. Tomorrow is supposed to be equally as cold so I'll have to decide whether or not I think it's a good idea to take Campbell out to church or not. I know people who live in colder places probably take babies out in cold weather all the time. But my little girl is a Southern girl and she isn't used to this kind of cold! Nor do we have the right gear to bundle up. So...another day at home it is! Thank goodness Daddy's car is OK! haha

1 comments:

Clare said...

you crack me up! we got snow here too it was so fun!