CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 6, 2009

TGIF!

Fridays are quite different than they used to be. When I worked in an office, I lived for Fridays because then I had the weekends off. My "new job" doesn't allow for weekends off! But I do still look forward to Fridays because then Travis is home for the weekend and we can hang as a little family. This week was ridiculously cold. I live in North Carolina for a lot of reasons, one of which is that I hate the cold! I know, always complaining. All summer I was miserable in the North Carolina heat when I was as big as a house. But in a non-pregnant state, I love the warm weather. This 'highs in the 30's' business is for the birds! I refuse to bundle up because it's like I'm in denial that it's actually cold. I can't stand wearing bulky coats, let alone gloves, scarves, hats...yuck! So instead, I just hibernate. Especially with an 8-week old baby! I just couldn't justify getting her out in this cold. So we've had a quiet week at home for the most part. This weekend is going to be back in the 60's - hallelujah!!!!


Campbell is doing awesome. She is slowly starting to get on a schedule. SLOWLY...but surely. She's usually waking up only once during the night now, and it's usually close to 4 a.m. I never thought I'd get excited about only having to get up for about an hour at 4 a.m. But that is such a nice change from 2-3 feedings a night! We got her a little sleep positioner that she seemed to love and it helped her fall asleep in her crib. It propped her up a little which I think really helped with her acid reflux. Well, we had to retire the sleep positioner. I went in there one night and found her feet where her head belongs, and her head was over against the side of the crib, all up in the rails!! How in the WORLD does a baby who can't roll over or move on her own get that out of position??? But the sleep positioner still eased her into sleeping in her crib. Now she does pretty well in there. We still struggle with what I have named Paci Patrol. It is getting better little by little, so I anticipate the paci won't be my arch nemesis for long. (Did I use the expression right? Arch nemesis? Or is it arch enemy? Travis makes me watch too many superhero movies...) She is smiling all the time and sometimes doing a little laugh. She doesn't make noise with this "laugh", but she shakes and kind of silently laughs, if you can picture that. It's adorable!!! She is HUGE - weighed 12 pounds at the doctor a week ago today. WHOA BABY! We have been enjoying plenty of hand-me-downs from my niece, but she's quickly outgrowing them. Too bad the larger clothes are all spring and summer wear! We might actually have to buy her some clothes. Tomorrow we are going to Marion to spend the day with Travis' family. And next Friday, we are going to Roaonke for the weekend for time with my family. Tomorrow's mini-roadtrip (just a little over an hour each way) will be good practice for our 3-hour drives next weekend!

Enough rambling about my sweet princess. I took this picture on my phone today - I love it!!




1 comments:

Clare said...

it sounds like you are doing GREAT! i am so glad she is sleeping good for you, it sounds like she is doing awesome! i love the picture, the VT bib is great!