CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes DOG TRAINING, then comes Sara with a baby carriage!

Lexi had her first day of school yesterday with the Dog Wizard. We have hired a trainer to come into our home and help us train Lexi. Lexi is SUCH a sweet dog, but she has plenty of naughty behaviors that make life difficult at times. We've allowed her to rule the roost over the past two years. And that was a poor decision on our part, because now that Baby J's coming, we want the control back. So we decided to enlist the Wizard to help us get things in order around here. Regardless of Baby J's arrival, we needed some help. Lexi is notorious for stealing food off the counter, getting in the trash, going absolutely bonkers when the doorbell rings, etc. Last time we had company, she got into Shannon's bag and ate all her multivitamins! So there, I've justified it. It's going to be far from easy. We have to correct Lexi for doing a lot of things that we have allowed - for example getting on the furniture. So we feel like total hypocrites, and I know Travis and I will struggle a bit as we get to used to the new philosophy. Once Lexi catches on and we get more comfortable with the new rules, we'll all benefit and have a happier, calmer household that is more than ready for Baby J. I need to remind myself that yes, I love to cuddle with Lexi on the couch. But I want to be able to do it on my terms, so that she doesn't decide to cuddle while I'm...say...feeding the Baby!! I kept saying last night, we should've started this training before I was pregnant so I could have a glass of red wine therapy before each session!! :) I think I'm more difficult to train than Lexi is!

Travis' car is STILL in the shop. It might be Monday before we get it back, and he is driving the world's longest car - a Grand Marquis. To top that off, he took his bike to the shop to get new handlebars. Turns out the frame was cracked beyond repair, and it's unsafe to ride. So we're now 2 for 2!

Baby J and I have a routine doctor's appointment here in about a half hour. It has been rescheduled 3 times already this morning because my doctor is stuck in a delivery. So I'm not convinced yet it will even happen today, but hopefully I'll be going to find out more about Baby J's progress soon!

0 comments: