CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Hot Mama






I can sum up our VT football experience in one word...HOT.



Actually, I'm not sure hot is a strong enough word. This weekend was sweltering! The temperature was only in the low 90's, but the humidity was brutal. We enjoyed the numerous tailgates we stopped by, got to see friends and family we don't normally see. It was great having Shannon and Scott in town all weekend. Kim and Chad were the perfect people to watch the game with - the men talked football, the women talked babies. Travis and I got to have our first football game together which was great. I got the Bojangle's fried chicken I was dreaming of. So all of that was wonderful and the 'glass half full' part of our experience. But I have never been so hot. It was a lot for this big pregnant lady - and heck, it was a lot on the non-prego's too! But we supported our team. Too bad they didn't come through for us this time. It was a very disappointing loss to ECU!! Not that the Hokies played particularly well throughout the game, but to lose at the end like we did was pretty sad. We were all just kinda stunned. Oh well...you win some, you lose some. As I told Travis, I have a philosophy that only one of my teams can be good at a time. So maybe this means the Panthers will be really good this year!

Here are some pictures from the weekend. I see now that an orange tank top isn't the most flattering of my maternity gear - but I guess it does a pretty good job of showing how quickly Baby J and I are growing!







Other excitement this weekend - we finished painting Baby J's room! Pictures to be posted after the room is complete. The furniture should be delivered in a couple of weeks and the bedding is in - so we are pumped.



And last, some sad news. This weekend we laid to rest an old friend - Big Red. Big Red is a 1990 model gas grill. She started her career in grilling with my Dad, and he generously passed her on to me in 2004 when I moved into my first house. Dad has missed Big Red since the day she moved to North Carolina. Travis and I have had some great times and good food with Big Red. She has served us well. But over the last year or so, her health has really deteriorated. She was literally falling apart and we decided the time had come to send her to Grill Heaven. Rest in Peace, Big Red! We'll miss you! Our new grill has big shoes to fill...







0 comments: