CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Best Friend + Great Seats + Winning Team = Perfect Day

What a great day, seriously just a great Sunday. Today Baby J went to her first Panthers game with Kim and I! Daddy got us killer tickets. They were club level - which meant we had access to the air-conditioned, indoor club level. But wait, it gets better - we didn't really need the A/C, because our seats were in the shade!!!!! Amazing! It was relatively hot today, and we saw friends who got burnt in the sun. But in our wonderful, shaded seats, we had a nice breeze and a great view of our winning team! Kim, my very bestest friend, and I rarely get to hang out. Today we went to the game together - 30's style. We traded tailgating for brunch at 131 Main on East Boulevard. We chugged a lot of water and gatorade instead of beers. We were even there in time to see kick-off, and stayed until it was over. (People actually do watch entire games, who woulda thought??) The Panthers won, the shade was GLORIOUS, the quality time with my best friend was fabulous. Oh and my brunch of a wedge salad minus the blue cheese crumbles (darn those pregnancy rules about no soft cheeses) and a side of biscuits was simply the best. hahaha That's no joke about a side of biscuits, and man were they good...
Daddy was of course working the game. I have never been to a Panthers game where Travis and I have not found each other. We always manage to spot each other - I wait until a time out or something and I stand up and wave until he sees me, of course with him knowing which section I'm sitting in. Today was no exception. Got to wave to Daddy down on the field while he was "working hard." Baby J kicked quite a bit during the game - I think she really enjoyed her first football experience. Her Daddy will be very happy to hear that! I think that was the single most relaxing football game I have ever been to - a stark contrast to the Tech game last month where we were so miserably hot and walked all over uptown Charlotte 67 times. (Sidenote: Once again, Virginia Tech and the Panthers were victorious in the same weekend).

When I go to bed tonight I will say to myself, "yeah, today was a good day."

0 comments: