CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sneak Peek at Our "Little" Girl

Yesterday we got a sneak peek at our baby girl. My doctor suspected she may be a little on the large side still, so she ordered an ultrasound to check it out and estimate her weight. This is EXACTLY what Travis and I had been hoping for. The good news is that Baby J is looking just perfectly healthy! It was such a welcome reassurance to see her again and have a professional tell us everything is still on track. Our last ultrasound was at 16 weeks - I am now 36 weeks. That's a long time!! My biggest, most irrational fear was that she was not a "she." I was so worried that they'd screwed up back in July and we were going to have a son in pink dresses. I saw the evidence with my own two eyes - it's a girl!!! SHEW! My other irrational fear came when I started watching that show on TLC "Little People Big World." I had no idea that average-sized people could have little people as children. Turns out both of the adults on the show are children of all average-sized adults! I asked my sister a few weeks ago, what if our baby is a little person and we don't even know it?? I don't think being little is going to be an issue for us. All irrational fears and jokes aside, we are just SO happy that things are going smoothly and she looked so good yesterday.

They estimated her weight at 6 lbs 11 oz as of yesterday. That is in the 83rd percentile for weight at this point. They said she'd gain on average another 2 pounds if she goes to our due date. Yikes! But my doctor says that's not considered big, just normal. Well I'd say that's a matter of opinion! 83rd percentile means only 17% of babies are bigger than ours at this point in the pregnancy, statistically speaking. So yeah, I'm no doctor, but I'm going to go with "big." We were relieved that they didn't think she was huge and start talking c-sections or inductions or anything. We are happy to stick with Plan A which is to sit and wait for Baby J to arrive on her own time! A week from today, I'll be considered full-term. So in a week or so, we would be MORE than happy for her to decide it's time.

We have no pictures to share from the ultrasound. The technician explained that we are so far along, it's really hard to see distinct features and get good pictures because she's so crowded. It looked terribly crowded!! We caught a quick glimpse of the side of her face, but she refused to drop the arm that she was hiding behind. I think she's going to be a little shy, more like her Daddy. She wasn't ready to show her face yet, so we'll just keep waiting!

1 comments:

Clare said...

oh i can't wait to see baby j!! did i tell you bradley was HUGE and they started talking c-sections with me. totally scary!! i am glad they didn't do that to you!! XOXO, c